Perform routine and complex technical tasks associated with building and property maintenance and management for assigned Duke community ambulatory facilities (multiple sites) and related building systems; perform and/or recommend services to meet building needs for physical aspects of daily operations, maintenance and repairs. Requires travel to multiple ambulatory sites.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Other duties may be assigned and a more comprehensive task list may be provided.
- Conduct regular inspections of designated facilities and equipment;participate in image rounds if applicable; set up and maintain ongoing communication efforts with customers to ensure appropriate and timely response to repair and maintenance needs; maintain liaison with building occupants/customers and representatives of contracted services to ensure all facility related contracted service needs are met in a timely and efficient manner; make recommendations for changes and improvements to service needs or contract revisions.
- Make minor repairs and corrections and perform routine preventive maintenance on electrical,mechanical, HVAC, and communication systems and equipment; make repairs to general building facilities to include, but not limited to, general carpentry repairs,repairs to ceiling and floor coverings, doors, windows, and furniture; perform minor paint and patchwork.
- Complete and/or assist in the completion of minor service requests as needed.
- Consult with equipment manufacturer for technical assistance or advice on building systems or equipment issues; contact manufacturer for warranty service or service beyond warranty if circumstances dictate.
- Advise management of general condition of building equipment and systems and any unusual problems or concerns that may arise; make recommendations for improvements and upgrades for budget planning;compile and present data to support recommendations.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and maintenance/repair records to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and codes.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an educational background normally equivalent to a high school education with course work in skilled crafts or trades.
Work requires broad based knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, air conditioning, refrigeration, and electrical equipment normally acquired through 3 years of building maintenance and repair experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE