Financial Analyst 2
Are you interested in being part of a dynamic financial team that is growing? Do you like to learn new things and be part of a group looking for solutions? Then please apply for our open Financial Analyst 2 position!
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Stanford University is seeking a Financial Analyst 2 to perform complex finance functions and/or activities requiring advanced knowledge and application of internal policies, external regulations, precedents, and systems.
Emergency medicine is fast-paced, team-oriented, and forward-thinking. Our staff run toward challenges, and you should have a demonstrated history of doing the same, with a high degree of professionalism and initiative.
- Perform and design ad hoc analyses of large complex data sets: reconcile complex accounts. Identify and resolve complex issues which may span multiple areas.
- Construct and assemble data for budgeting and decision making; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations. May develop annual budget for individual department/unit.
- Conduct analysis and resolution, and recognize exceptions. Participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader organizational perspective in decision making.
- Execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes. May manage compliance program for area of responsibility, and create complex compliance reports.
- Develop reports and presentations of complex financial data and metrics for management and third parties.
- Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives. Make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes.
- Contribute to unit and organization strategy; assist in the development of change management plans and materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform system testing and analyze results.
- Participate in critical analysis of existing systems and processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4452
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H