Administrative Assistant Senior Healthcare
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Obstetric Initiative (OBI) is a new Collaborative Quality Initiative (CQI) statewide quality improvement project funded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan/Blue Care Network housed at the University of Michigan. The project is working to address variation in obstetric care with a first initiative of supporting vaginal birth and safely lowering the cesarean delivery rate among low-risk patients. First year goals of the project include enrolling participating maternity hospitals, developing the data collection infrastructure and registry, and collaborative-wide meetings. Longer-term goals include expanding the collaborative to additional maternity hospitals and developing future quality improvement measures in women’s health.
OBI is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, experienced candidate who will not only accomplish the day-to-day tasks of an Administrative Assistant Senior Healthcare, but also anticipate the needs of the Collaborative to help drive momentum and change. Under the supervision of the OBI Program Manager, this candidate will excel in a fast paced environment with great attention to detail.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Provide complex calendar management in support of the OBI Data Manager and the two Clinical Site Engagement Coordinators exercising discretion and judgment to analyze and appropriately prioritize complicated and challenging schedules; respond to frequent changes in schedules; screen the purpose of meeting requests; set priorities when there is a conflict; obtain information with regard to the meeting and provide faculty with background information needed for meetings.
- Provide the administrative support for the design and development of education and training materials to support new processes and projects.
- Support the OBI Data Manager to ensure that the hospital-based OBI Clinical Data Abstractors (CDAs) have the tools and knowledge needed to enable efficient and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Maintain the log of the OBI Hospital CDAs training and audit status.
- Lead the management of the 70+ OBI hospital agreements to assure a timely and successful remote HIPAA compliant electronic medical record audits. Develop a process for the remote audit, confirm all paperwork is in place just prior to the audit and maintain the adequate paperwork to enable the OBI Data Manager to audit medical records as needed. This will require a high level of attention to detail.
- Manage the CDA questions to ensure timely responses and updates to the operations manual and FAQ.
- Serve as a single point of contact for projects such as remote access audits and the OBI registry account and data platform access.
- Maintain and update Clinical Data Abstraction support documents.
- Lead the management of the 70+ OBI hospital contact database to ensure quality communication.
- Coordinate numerous and complex trainings, workgroups, and meetings within the program and/or with external entities. May involve on-site or off-site locations as well as teleconferences. Secure a location for the meeting, order meals in compliance with the Section’s guidelines, and keep track of all attendees.
- Coordinate and schedule effective internal and external communication processes regarding the status of projects by working directly with the OBI Coordinating Center team, hospitals, clinical data abstractors and other stakeholders.
- Take incredibly detailed meeting minutes and provide written reports from those meetings including action items, in a timely manner.
- Develop and support current projects that require innovative approaches to problem solving to execute high value solutions and standardize program operations to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Word process/format/edit a variety of documents including agendas, minutes, manuscripts, abstracts, protocols, presentations, policies, guidelines, etc.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for team, when applicable.
- Prepare, reconcile and process expense reports and other reimbursements. Other duties will include, but not be limited to, procurement of goods/services using M-Pathways, reconciling P-card statements, and other duties as assigned.
- Answer, screen, handle and/or route all program business telephone, fax and email communications. Track messages which require responses.
- Maintain and track policies, guidelines, and procedures at the institution level, department level, and program level.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of four years of progressively more responsible administrative assistant experience is required. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a team oriented, fast-paced work environment with a proven track record of meeting deadlines, anticipating the needs of the team, and delivering outcomes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Proven experience and proficiency working in programs such as: Windows, Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), Human Resources Management Systems (such as M-Pathways, Concur, Banner, WebFocus, Drupal, etc).
- Proven ability to be highly organized and self-motivated; able to manage multiple projects without loss of quality.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and produce detailed and accurate work.
- Efficient and enjoys detailed work such as tracking communications, policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines and display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner; strong ability to multitask while remaining focused is essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (>50 wpm), with the ability to write clearly and concisely for various mediums.
- Ability to perform complex tasks, to work independently to organize workload, to be accountable for high quality work, and to meet all established deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving; analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment.
- A high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, and the ability to anticipate needs.
- Must be able to take direction from several people and have proven ability to prioritize tasks with conflicting deadlines, handle frequent interruptions, and meet deadlines
- Prior experience within the University of Michigan and familiarity with their systems, policies, and procedures.
- Academic health system or medical center experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.