Lecturer in Defence Simulation
School/Department Cranfield Defence and Security
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered
Contract type Permanent
Salary £42,501 to £47,375 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £59,219 per annum)
Apply by 30/06/2019
The Centre now has a vacancy for a Lecturer in Defence Simulation to join the core team in its Modelling and Simulation (M&S) Group, to be involved primarily in the delivery and preparation of teaching in that area.
The M&S Group mainly focuses on force-on-force battlespace simulation above the engineering level and is also responsible for the operation and configuration of the SSEL – Simulation and Synthetic Environment Laboratory (http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/cds/ssel). The post will also offer opportunities for involvement in consultancy and research.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Undertaking teaching, teaching preparation, development, support and management.
- Planning and reviewing own approach to teaching and contributing to the design or revision of course units and short courses.
- Provide expert advice to other staff and students in own specialist areas
- Undertaking consultancy and research
- Identifying and developing consultancy and research opportunities, proposals and funding bids in the field of Defence Modelling and Simulation.
The post holder will have a post-graduate education e.g. MSc/MEng in a topic directly related to Modelling and Simulation in Defence and experience of the following:
- Defence Modelling and Simulation in military, industry or academia.
- Defence simulation systems, applications and tools.
- Significant exposure to application of Modelling and Simulation in Defence.
Knowledge of Defence Modelling and Simulation techniques and methods and their application for battlespace simulation in areas such as training, experimentation and analysis, is essential.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jonathan Searle, Head of Modelling and Simulation Group, on +44 (0)1793 785852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held 22 / 23 July 2019.
At Cranfield, we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.