Payroll Team Leader
Application closing date 02/06/2019
Faculty / School or Service People Team (formerly Human Resources) Salary £26,250 - £35,222 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Professional Services
Since 2010 the Coventry University Group has undertaken an evolutionary transformation. Our focus on growth and continuous improvement in teaching, learning, research and internationalisation has seen the University rise rapidly in both the Guardian University Guide and in The Times Higher Education rankings.
Building on our success, our People strategy supports the Group's mission and values and highlights the strategic priorities for enhancing our education and student experience, our research, our role as a global University and our enterprise and innovation drive. With over 4000 staff globally and as one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer unparalleled opportunities within the organisation for career development and a competitive benefits package including; great pension schemes, generous holiday allowances, flexible working, great training, personal and professional development and discounted membership to the University's bespoke GBP 4m sport and recreation centre.
Working collaboratively as part of a team to deliver an effective payroll service. This role is the escalation point for complex payroll queries being managed and progressed through effective use of the People Gateway via the People Customer Service Centre. Responsible for ensuring a professional and efficient service is delivered across the University Group and Subsidiaries
Deputising for the Group Payroll Manager, and at all times working to provide a customer focussed service by prioritising workload to achieve all deadlines (legal and organisation) and ensuring those duties and functions, and those of the team, are managed effectively and accurately.
Supporting the People Partners and Advisors and senior colleagues, through the provision of thorough documentation, monitoring, tracking and recording in systems in relation to the payroll cycle for all of the University Group and Subsidiaries, including both UK and international payroll operations.
- CIPP qualified or BTEC Level 3 certificate in payroll or any equivalent payroll qualification.
- Demonstrated experience of working within a complex payroll service within a large organisation, preferably with spinal pay structures.
- Experience of working in an integrated HR and payroll environment.
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and other regulations governing payroll administration.
- Experience of all payroll work, including thorough working knowledge of PAYE, National Insurance, SSP, SMP, SAP.
- Expert knowledge of Auto-enrolment, Re Auto-Enrolment guidance and HMRC regulations surrounding pensions.
- Experience of performing manual calculations with reference to Tax tables.
- Ability to motivate staff and work collaboratively with colleagues.
Interview date: 13th & 14th June 2019