Instructor - Social Sciences
4 days left
- Full Time
The Chua Thian Poh Community Leadership Centre in NUS invites applications for the position of Instructor. This is a full-time position that is offered as a 2-year term contract in the first instance, and is renewable subsequently. The successful applicant will:
- Offer academic modules related to community development.
- Supervise small groups of students for their Community Development Practicum. This practicum provides opportunities for students to engage in field research on various social issues and challenges in Singapore.
- Advise and mentor groups of students who run interest hubs that are supported by the Centre. These interest hubs promote awareness of, and advocate for, various social causes.
- Assist with the Centre’s events – for example, annual symposium, graduation, information sessions, orientation, etc.
- Assist in the production of the Centre’s collaterals, such as research handouts, posters, etc.
- Assist with managing existing partnerships with various social service organizations in Singapore, and developing new organizational partnerships.
Salary will be commensurate with rank, qualifications and experience. The university provides a comprehensive package of benefits, including healthcare coverage.
Qualifications & Requirements
Eligible candidates should have a Humanities, Social Science, or other relevant discipline, and have some teaching experience. Enthusiasm for community development and supervising, advising and mentoring students are essential.
We welcome applicants to submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title ‘Application for Instructor Position’. Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be notified
Apply for Instructor - Social Sciences
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly