Pharmacy Manager, Unit Dose and Medication Delivery
General Description of the Job Class:
As a member of the pharmacy leadership team, this manager is responsible for first dose, batch fill, and on demand drug distribution and delivery. This manager has varied responsibilities, some of which are denoted below.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level:
- Management of all aspects of day to day unit dose drug distribution and delivery, including staff scheduling, inventory management, safety monitoring and technology oversight to ensure timely and accurate delivery of medications to our patients.
- Responsible for the supervision of team members which may consist of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, and ensures appropriate training of staff in their job functions.
- Works collaboratively with peers and other healthcare professionals to achieve division, departmental and institutional goals.
- Coordinates division staff meetings, and ensures timely dissemination of information to staff through multiple avenues.
- Ensures that division services and practices are in line with established policies and procedures, and assess compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g.-TJC, BOP, DEA, USP), and best practice recommendations (e.g.-ISMP)
- Assists with Human Resources relevant matters, including, recruiting, promotion, retention and discipline.
- Takes responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Represent and support the pharmacy department’s commitment to excellence through active participation on intra- and interdepartmental committees and teams
- Engages in educational activities such as precepting of students and residents
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office
- Effective writing and communication
- Data collection and analysis
- Personnel management experience
Doctor of Pharmacy or Bachelor of Pharmacy and three years’ experience as a pharmacist. MBA or MS in Health System Pharmacy preferred.
Management experience preferred. Health-system pharmacy administration residency or equivalent post-graduate training preferred.
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level J1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree OR BS Pharmacy Degree
Three years of pharmacy practice experience; Managerial/supervisor experience preferred
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Licensed Pharmacist or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina