Ambulatory Care Nurse II, Navaho Raleigh-Urogynecology
Navaho Raleigh- Urogynecology
Duke Urogynecology at Navaho- Raleigh
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Perform nurse procedures (urodynamics, anorectal manometry, bladder installation, PTNS) under the supervision of medical providers
- Perform telephone and electronic medical record triage; provide medical advice and refill requests, schedule appointments, review lab results and treat patients per protocols under the supervision of medical providers
- Order clinic supplies, complete insurance and FMLA forms, complete requests for prior authorizations, abstract patient charts
- Assist the physician during the examination and procedures
- Collect/prepare laboratory and blood specimens; perform Point of Care laboratory tests
- Sterilize medical instruments using High Level Disinfection and Autoclave as appropriate
- Review medical and surgical instructions with patients and/or caregivers, and document in patient record.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers. Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others
- Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care
- Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up
- Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status using computer documentation tools
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively with providers, nursing staff, PRMO staff, and administrative staff
Graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
12 months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Women’s urology and/or gynecology experience preferred.
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Job Code 4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Requisition Number 401604715
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Auto req ID