Global Operations Coordinator
- Full-time, permanent opportunity based in RMIT city campus
- Opportunity for a professional office administrator to support the Global Development and Performance team
- Build and further develop your administration skills and experience in a leading Higher Education institution
- Reports to the Manager, Global Operations
- Opportunities open to HEW Level 6 (dependent on experience)
- Competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
As a Global Operations Coordinator, you will provide:
- High level administrative support and assistance to ensure the efficient and effective daily operations of the Global Development and Performance unit
- Attention to detail and accuracy in ensuring records, filing systems, processes and business critical information are up-to-date, protected and accessible
- Improvements to existing systems and processes through the identification and implementation of different approaches or new ways of working
- Excellent coordination skills to effectively deliver assigned administrative tasks and support delegations, group programs and other related activities within the Global Development and Performance unit
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and challenging environment which will require you to be versatile and display flexibility in meeting the changing demands and priorities of the team
- Provide exceptional internal and external stakeholder relationship management
- Display maturity in thinking and interpersonal communications
- Be a passionate and experienced administrator
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Global Development and Performance team facilitate a constructive working environment through communications between internal and external stakeholders involved in key activities and projects
- Maintain, implement and monitor approval processes, team software and CRM systems, tracking sheets/databases, risk registers, project plans, shared team email addresses and other tools related to the work of the team
- Be proactive and creative in finding new ways to improve existing processes and systems and to develop new systems
- Prepare confidential reports, correspondence, background information and presentation materials
- Coordinate assigned inbound and outbound high-level delegations, student and staff group visits through providing accurate program information, coordination and pro-active follow-up
- Set up partnership governance meetings schedules, prepare meeting agendas, minutes and papers, distribute documentation and manage and follow up actions arising from meetings
- Build and manage key stakeholder relationships, locally and internationally
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified (or equivalent experience) in a discipline such as business administration or a related area, and relevant working experience especially in an operational or administrative function
- Possess excellent relationship management skills and the ability to communicate with a cross cultural audience
- Ability to think creatively and provide new ideas or solutions leading towards the improvement of administrative processes and procedures
- Strong organisational and time-management skills to meet the demand of workloads and deadlines and the ability to work autonomously
- Strong verbal communication and written skills
- Computer savvy and competency in using software such as CRM systems, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent record keeping and data management skills as well as report writing capability
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in reputation, operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Global Development and Vice President, the Portfolio:
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships
- manages global experience opportunities for RMIT students, staff and alumni
In addition, it connects and coordinates RMIT's presences throughout the world including RMIT entities in Australia, Vietnam and Europe (Spain) and representative offices in other countries.
Details of the Portfolio can be found at: www.rmit.edu.au
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please click on the position description attached below:
Applications close on Tuesday 11th June 2019.
Applicants are requested to upload an updated resume and a cover letter of not more than two pages highlighting the suitability for this position and your achievements. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities.