Assistant Professor, Laboratory of Biochemical Pharmacology
The Sarafianos lab at the Emory University, School of medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Laboratory of Biochemical Pharmacology (LOBP) is seeking to hire an Assistant Professor to join our diverse team. Our multidisciplinary research involves a broad team of biochemists, microbiologists, virologists, and structural biologists with an interest in both basic mechanisms of virus and cell biology as well as development of therapeutic agents.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising a diverse staff
- Conducting competitive research, preparing presentations, grant applications, and progress reports
- Generate and analyze data; publish papers in high impact peer reviewed journals
- Prepare and submit proposals to secure additional research grant funding in collaboration with internal and/or external investigators
- Write and review scientific papers/abstracts
- Present data at national and international meetings
- Maintain confidentiality and a high code of ethics
The candidate must have direct experience in crystallography and cryo-EM of nucleoporins and nucleopore complexes. S(h)e is expected to have published in high impact journals. The successful candidate will also have experience in overseeing teams of researchers in an academic setup, and have strong background in structural, cellular, molecular biology and biochemical techniques. Submission of grants at NIH or other agencies will be considered a strength. Candidates should have at least 10 years of experience after obtaining their PhD.