Assistant Professor in Environmental Health
3 days left
- Full Time
Closing Date 21-Jun-2019
Background The Assistant Professor of Environmental Health is expected to make an outstanding contribution to all activities of the College and the University and plays a significant role within their discipline or profession and has attained recognition at a national and international level. The incumbent is expected to play a major role and provide leadership in teaching, research, scholarship and academic administration
The primary responsibility of an Assistant Professor in Environmental Health is to design and develop approved programme courses and to conduct teaching assigned to postgraduate (PG) and undergraduate (UG) courses. Additionally, the assistant professor is to serve as academic advisor to students; serve on department, school, college or university committees; engage in scholarly activities, and/or creative endeavours which contribute to the academic mission of the Department, School, College and University. In addition to be engaged in curriculum development activities, engaged and lead independent research, and to render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual's academic specialty. Perform such other related tasks and duties as assigned. The successful applicant will also liaise closely with local and regional Ministry of Health and regional and international health agencies, industry advisory members, local and regional Environmental Health Institutes, government partners and industries to provide academic support for the department and School of Public Health and Primary Care
- A PhD in Environmental Health or PhD in the relevant Medical /Health Sciences field including Environmental Sciences, Engineering.
- Research active
- Ability to take on administrative duties
- Demonstrate evidence of ongoing publications in ranked journals
- Display academic leadership in teaching and/or in research specialty
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification
- Prior teaching experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise in essential EH services locally and regionally.
Salary Base salary of $56,942.00 plus 10% superannuation.
College/Division College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
Department School of Public Health
Num x 2