Associate Lecturer/Lecturer, Education Focused in International Business
The University of Sydney Business School
- The opportunity to make a major contribution to world class education within the University of Sydney Business School
- Academic Level A or B, expected start date during 2019 (though this may be negotiable), two vacancies
- Full-time, continuing, $92,682 to $123,682 plus leave loading and generous superannuation
About the opportunity
The Business school has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
We are currently seeking to make two new education focused appointments in the Discipline of International Business.
Education-focused roles are a specialised category of academic engagement reserved for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design In this role you will be expected to make a significant contribution to teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation within the Portfolio and will be on a trajectory towards leadership in educational design and delivery. The majority of your contribution will be to education (up to 70% - or 80% by mutual agreement), the remainder of your workload allocation will be available for research.
In this role you will mainly teach into the BUSS1000 unit which is a foundation unit for first year undergraduate students.
Your area of teaching expertise and research interests should be broadly in the international business and strategy areas.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values. We are looking for an academic with:
- A PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline
- A proven ability, commitment and passion for engaging in scholarly activities to inform innovative pedagogical practice
- Experience in teaching and learning in a tertiary environment, as evidenced by experience teaching in a variety of settings
- A relevant and active research program in the broad areas of international business and strategy.
There are specific selection criteria for Associate Lecturer and Lecturer level.
The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1041/0519C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 23 June 2019 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney