Administrative Associate, Faculty Records and Reporting
Department School of Business
Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check
Motor Vehicle Background Check No
Restricted Position? No, is eligible for layoff or severance benefits.
Job Category Classified Staff
Job Type Full-Time
Location Fairfax, VA
Salary Commensurate with education and experience.
The George Mason University, School of Business, invites applications for the position of Administrative Associate, Faculty Records & Reporting. This entry-level position is responsible for inputting and maintaining all faculty information into the appropriate databases and systems on behalf of the faculty and administratively assists the Associate Dean for Faculty. Executes all functions and projects assigned in a timely, accurate, and complete manner in a fast-paced environment subject to multiple demands and changing conditions to support the mission and goals of the School of Business.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Administrative Associate, Faculty Records & Reporting has responsibilities in the following areas:
Data Entry and Management:
Collect any and all documentation for faculty data;
- Enter data accurately in faculty databases and reporting systems;
- Ensure faculty activity data is up-to-date and accurate;
- Assists faculty members with operational (not technical) aspects of faculty activity reporting systems as needed;
- Create reports based on data from systems;
- Coordinate with HR, Accreditation, and Dean’s Office team;
- Manage timelines for faculty activity reporting; and
- Develop, communicate, and maintain procedures.
Associate Dean Administrative Support:
- Provide support for the Associate Dean for Faculty (ADF);
- Provides document preparation and editing assistance;
- Schedules appointments for the ADF;
- Advises the ADF on suggested organizational improvements;
- Assist ADF in coordinating activities with faculty and staff in support of goals;
- Assists the ADF in responding to faculty and external constituents;
- Provides updates to all regarding School, and University events and activities;
- Manage calendar of ADF processes and events;
- Ensure timely information is communicated both to Faculty and to appropriate School teams;
- Executes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by ADF;
- Prepares and tracks all financial requests that require ADF approval;
- Reconciles Dean’s Office financial reports with internal records;
- Prepares budgets for expenses as required by ADF. Provides budget support as needed for ADF;
- Provides administrative support to the ADF for the recruiting of new employees (i.e., full time faculty, administrative faculty, classified staff, graduate assistants, and hourly staff (as needed)); and
- Process all procurement, travel, and reimbursements for the Associate Dean.
Events Support and Special Project Work:
- Administratively support events as assigned, including but not limited to: scheduling spaces, food orders, eVA procurement, equipment setup, logistics, preparing event and promotional materials, customer relations and communicating event details to appropriate School teams for marketing and
- Execute special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school.
- High school diploma, some college desirable; equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to organize and manage complex administrative processes;
- Ability to work independently and to complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines; and
- Ability to quickly gain proficiency in web-based database platforms and applications.
Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, electronic calendaring and e-mail;
Knowledge of University and School of Business programs such as EVA and Travel Request System, School applications and files, and databases and reporting formats; and
Strong administrative background in a University setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02903z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by June 6, 2019; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on June 7, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Campus Safety Information
Mason’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/