4 days left
- Part Time
Department Regional Campuses
Alternate Department Description Arlington Campus Administration and Operations
Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check
Motor Vehicle Background Check No
Restricted Position? No, is eligible for layoff or severance benefits.
Job Category Classified Staff
Job Type Full-Time
Working Hours 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; 40 hours per week
Location Arlington, VA
Pay Band Payband 3
Salary Mid $30s - Low $40s; commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University’s Arlington Campus Administration office seeks an experienced individual with detailed knowledge of all aspects of events management and coordination. The successful candidate will have demonstrated events management experience, as well as advanced knowledge of audio visual and multimedia applications to assist with and support internal Mason activities and external client events at Mason’s Arlington Campus. This position works in a team-oriented environment that requires significant collaboration and effective communication to successfully carry out the mission. The Audio Visual Manager and Events Coordinator will report to the Arlington Campus Administrative Officer and will provide the following assistance:
- Coordinating all aspects of event logistics, including acting as the point of contact with the client for the life cycle of the event (reservation through execution) and overseeing event details to the satisfaction of the client. Including but not limited to initial tours of the space available; meeting with clients to determine event needs; drafting contracts; room setup; coordinating with other campus departments such as Parking, Police, Catering; ensuring A/V support is provided; ensuring event is properly staffed and executed to the satisfaction of the client.
- Works with the Arlington administrative staff to ensure all event information is properly conveyed to the appropriate staff to ensure events have the necessary wage staffing and clients are properly invoiced in a timely manner.
- Provides clients with all the necessary university information required for their event such as university approved caterers, local businesses for non-university supplied needs and assists clients with arrangements when necessary.
- Serves as the Audio Visual Manager for event space and is responsible for oversight and operation of all A/V media support technologies and equipment. Works with clients and other event staff to determine the A/V equipment needs for events and offers guidance and training regarding all aspects of audio/visual hardware configurations, conference A/V set-ups and the proper electronics used to support specific events. Works with Administrative Officer to determine service schedule for event equipment and makes timely recommendations on equipment needs, refreshes, and upgrades.
- Demonstrated knowledge of audio visual and multimedia applications including control systems, projection systems, sound, video, control systems, and portable devices
- Relevant experience in troubleshooting A/V systems and technologies in a fast paced event environment with multiple event locations
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in events/conference production or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Audio/visual licenses and computer certifications is a benefit
- Special Instructions to Applicants
- For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02351z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
People choose to work at George Mason University for many reasons, and there are even more reasons why they stay for a career including the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Mason embodies many things, but underlying it all is a commitment to flexibility, creativity, autonomy, and making a difference. Add that to a robust benefits package, a commitment to flexibility as well as work/life options, the opportunity for personal and professional development and you have a career in balance at Mason!
Enrollment is over 32,000, with students studying in over 198 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William.
George Mason University Where Innovation Is Tradition!
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Campus Safety Information
Mason’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/