Professor and Director, Institute for Lifecourse Development
Faculty of Education & Health
Location: Greenwich, Avery Hill and Medway
Salary: £59,828 to £71,406 plus £3640 London weighting
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 20 June 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The soon to be renamed Faculty of Education, Health and Human Sciences has recently moved part of its delivery into the fantastic and newly refurbished Dreadnought building on the World Heritage site at the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich, and is now working across all three of the University’s historical campuses. This move is part of significant long-term plan to build internationally leading research and teaching in the Faculty. An exciting part of this investment is the creation of a new multi-professional and multi-disciplinary Institute for Lifecourse Development, that will build on the strengths we have in the Faculty and across the University and wider community.
The Institute will be a key anchor resource where professionals, researchers and stakeholders from public, charitable and voluntary organisations, can work together to develop effective and economic lifecourse solutions and tackle the grand challenges society faces though effective research, training and practice. The Institute will work with our extensive network of external partners to focus our interdisciplinary expertise around the health, education and wellbeing of vulnerable and marginalised people in the community; be they children at risk, people with chronic illness, the aged, or people who are victimised or stigmatised.
As part of the plan to develop the Institute, we are looking to make a number of strategic appointments over the coming year. A key appointment is the post of Professor and Director of the Institute. We are looking to appoint an outstanding colleague with an extensive record of internationally leading work that has real world impact. We are looking for a leading edge academic who interfaces in one or more of the key areas and who has an interest in developing interdisciplinary research and solutions to address issues around:
- Marginalised stigmatised and victimised groups
- Vulnerable children, young people and families
- Life transitions, behaviours, choices and mental health
- Thinking, Learning and Education
- Managing physical health, risks, disease and aging
- Professional workforce development, leadership and communication
We want someone with the ambition to make a difference, and with a commitment to the agenda and mission that the new Institute has in creating interdisciplinary research, which can have a direct impact on practice and policy, and on the creation of effective interventions and preventative measures that address the health, education and wellbeing challenges that society faces.
To discuss this opportunity and the role before applying, please contact: Professor Derek Moore, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Education and Health) firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
More searches like this
- £70,001 - £80,000 Permanent Education Directors jobs in London (Greater)
- £70,001 - £80,000 Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Directors jobs in London (Greater)
- £70,001 - £80,000 Permanent Psychology Directors jobs in London (Greater)
- £70,001 - £80,000 Permanent Social Sciences Directors jobs in London (Greater)
- £70,001 - £80,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Directors jobs in London (Greater)