Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the athletic training needs for Women’s Soccer and Women’s Golf. This includes direct team and sport coverage.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the athletic training room. Ensure proper use of equipment and facilities by student-athletes, including adherence to athletic training room time schedules and proper operating procedures.
- Assist the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and Performance with the prevention and care of student-athlete injuries and illnesses.
- Maintain computerized health/injury records on supervised student-athletes.
- Serve as liaison between student-athletes and the team physician. This includes ensuring compliance with team physician instructions.
- Obtain required continuing education requirements to fulfill state and the BOC certification maintenance.
- Ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team with the strength and conditioning, sports nutrition, and sport psychology/counseling staffs.
Bachelor of Science degree in related field with two (2) years of experience in Professional/ Collegiate Division 1 athletic program as a staff or graduate assistant athletic trainer.
Experience beyond the minimum.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be certified a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer and be able to be licensed by the State of Mississippi.
Knowledge of certain fundamental concepts.
Ability to work long and irregular hours.
Ability to travel.
Ability to work in extreme weather temperatures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and on occasion up to 150 lbs.
Instructions for Applying:
Attach resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.