Professor/ Associate / Assistant in Culture & History (Vietnam)
2 days left
- Full Time
Open Position in Culture & History (Vietnam)
The General Education Program at VinUniversity is recruiting passionate and innovative faculty members in all ranks, both full-time and visiting, in the following cluster.
Contract type: Full-time / Visiting
Cluster B – Vietnam: Culture & History
Full-time Open Rank position and 2 Visiting Open Rank positions in Vietnam Studies with specialization in a combination of two or more of the following sub-fields: the Vietnamese Revolution, Ho Chi Minh Thoughts, Modern Vietnamese State Formation, Vietnamese Ethnography, and Cultural Studies.
- Familiarity with classic/iconic works by Vietnamese academics such is required.
- Ability to speak, read and write Vietnamese is required.
- Familiarity with Marxism ideology in Vietnam (and China) will be an advantage.
- Able to cross-teach with Cluster C (Politics & Social Change) or D (Global Political Economy) will be an advantage.
- Experience and/or enthusiasm in using content-based courses to improve students’ communication skills will be an advantage.
- Prepare detailed course syllabus and instructional materials of assigned courses based on the course descriptions provided.
- Teach assigned courses including lectures/tutorials/seminars, homework assignments, labs, projects and student assessment.
- Conduct short field trips, hackathons, study tours or non-class based activities as part of course requirements.
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate students.
- Lead or contribute to the production of blended learning materials (MOOC, COIL, Infographics, etc).
2. Research and creative works (for Senior Lecturers and above):
- Carry out research and produce publications, or other research outputs beneficial to society.
- Lead or participate in collaborative research projects.
- Obtain research funding support.
- Organize or participate in conferences/seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the university.
- Engage with the wider scholarly, governmental and professional communities.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Serve as academic mentors for students.
- Participate in the administration of the university’s programs of study and other activities as requested.
- Contribute to college and VinUni-wide working group or committees as requested.
- Contribute to student recruitment activities as requested.
A number of selected senior lecturers will be sent to Cornell University for a 2-year training program to become assistant professors according to Cornell’s standards.
Key Selection Criteria:
- For the rank of Assistant Professor and above, possess a doctorate degree in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- A good role model for aspiring students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Have a strong knowledge of the specialized subject area combined with a broad academic background enabling contributions to the teaching program.
- Have experience in or willing to apply innovative Teaching & Learning methods.
- Have experience in teaching university level courses to students who are non-native English language learners.
- An active, innovative and/or socially engaged research agenda for Senior Lecturers and above.
- Passionate about education and excited about building a world class university in Vietnam.
- Have experience in or excited about building a new university program will be an advantage.
- Have experience beyond strictly, pure academic environment will be an advantage.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send
- a resume
- a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, relevant qualifications and addressing specific criteria listed in respective positions, and
- a short writing sample (published or dissertation chapter sample) to email@example.com
Apply for Professor/ Associate / Assistant in Culture & History (Vietnam)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly