Registry Administrative Assistant
Location: London Liverpool Street
Closing date: 05/06/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Operations - Registry & Scheduling - Student Records & Advice
The Registry Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Head of Registry Operations with Administrative support across the Registry team, in particular in respect of maintaining and updating Student Records, registering new Students, responding to Student Queries and preparing letters, Transcripts and Certificates.
The Registry Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- Responding to student queries via the Case Management Queries and by telephone across Registry as required
- Letter production across Registry (completion letters, bank, status, attendance, council tax)
- Where necessary assist the Exams and Graduation teams with printing Transcripts and Certificates
- Assist with Graduate and student reference processing
Student Registrations and Document uploads
- Assist with Registrations (both registering new students & re-registering of students progressing from one year/section of their course to another).
- Assist with document uploads post and pre-Registration
- Assist with data entry of student information pre and post Registration
- Assist with checking criteria for student entry requirements and auditing the validity of offers made by Admissions
Student Record Keeping and Data cleansing
- Assisting Student Records Officers with processing changes to the student records from staff, faculty and other departments within the University.
- Maintaining an accurate, central record of information relating to students including personal details, attendance, identification and qualifications documentation, correspondence etc and any changes to registration details.
- Process student change of contact details.
- Assist Student Records Officers to monitor, manage and report IOS, transfers, suspensions and withdrawals, attendance.
- Oyster Cards processing and reporting
- Assist with ensuring VISA Compliance are kept up to date with student information as required
- Assist with HESA Returns
- Assist with reporting on student data including registration, organisational membership, student cohort make-up, progression etc. to Heads of Departments, senior management, HESA, Student Loans Company, UKVI and professional bodies.
- Data quality checks and data cleansing
From time to time any other queries/tasks required across the Registry team where capacity permits.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Complying with the GDPR
- Proactively and independently developing a detailed knowledge of BPP’s regulatory framework, programmes and courses
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required commensurate with the grade of the position.
Skills, knowledge, experience required for role:
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Sector
- Administrative experience, preferably in the education sector
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proactive, with the ability to work within a team
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure
- Awareness of GDPR
- Customer-focused with the ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Banner or a similar student information system
- Experience of working with a recognised Student Records Database
- Experience of working with/adapting to change