Management Accountant, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Play a key role in continuous improvement of the University financial management activities
- Level 7, full-time appointment on a 12 month fixed term basis
- Salary range: $86,801 to $96,427 plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
Finance supports the mission of the University by providing high quality, end-to end, flexible and responsive financial management and advisory services including provision of corporate financial services. The University’s professional service delivery model was created to deliver effective and efficient end to end services across the whole University. The model includes all core services of the University and creates functionally aligned services delivered through Service Delivery Centres.
About the opportunity
As the Management Accountant, you will provide assistance to the Senior Management Accountant and the Manager, Financial and Staff Resources with key elements of the University’s financial management and advisory function, predominately supporting contractually restricted funds, such as research grants. This position will require the ability to interpret complex funding agreements and to assist with reporting to external funders.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- A degree or other tertiary qualification in accounting or a related discipline
- Full professional member of a recognized Australian or International equivalent accounting body
- Well-developed analytical skills with a proven record of planning, preparing and implementing financial process documentation related to financial management procedures
- Substantial experience in financial and management accounting
- Substantial experience in working with financial management information systems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise collaboratively and
- cooperatively with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated experience in providing high level specialist financial consultancy advice
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service
Note: A current National Police Clearance Certificate is required
Closing date: Thursday, 6 June 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).