Associate Professor, Surgery
Department: Surgery (0702)
Medical Sub-Speciality: Neurosurgery
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
The Department of Surgery in the College of Medicine at the University of Arizona, is recruiting a tenure-eligible faculty member at the rank of Associate Professor.
Our engaged surgeons provide a broad range of surgical services, focusing on providing high quality, patient-centered care to each and every patient. Each program offers a comprehensive and multidisciplinary team approach to ensure that each patient’s needs and goals of care are met.
Each member of the Division is committed to making the University of Arizona and Banner – University Medical Center “The place where people want to be.”
The University of Arizona, Department of Surgery’s mission is to foster excellence in patient care, surgical education, research, and technical innovation. We strive to be leaders and role models of excellence, innovation, and caring in all that we do, and we are committed to train the next generation of surgeon leaders. Our actions exemplify our core values of compassion, integrity, respect, pursuit of knowledge, responsibility, and diversity.
The department is seeking an individual who is able to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues, and who has experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaching duties include formal and informal activities with residents and medical students.
- Maintain and continue to develop extramural funded research.
- Provide expert team-oriented clinical care to vascular patients (outpatient and inpatient).
- Perform clinical and surgical procedures.
- Actively participate in internal and external committees (as needed).
- Participate in call service rotation.
- MD or MD/PhD.
- Arizona medical license or the qualifications necessary to obtain one.
- Board eligible or board certified in related area.
- Established expertise working with diverse communities.
- Ability to work with diverse students and colleagues, and experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
Rank: Associate Professor
Tenure Information: Tenure-Eligible (TE)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay: $575,000 Annually
Job Category: Faculty
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department