Johns Hopkins University is seeking applicants for the position of Athletic Communications Assistant. Johns Hopkins is a Division III institution with Division I men's and women's lacrosse programs. The position will assist in the day-to-day coverage of all 24 intercollegiate varsity programs.
The assistant will serve as the primary contact for several sports, including women’s basketball, baseball, women’s soccer, and men’s and women’s cross country and track.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Designing and writing of publications, writing press releases, compiling team statistics and records, reporting to conference offices and assisting with game day and press box operations.
- In addition, the assistant will assist the Digital Media Coordinator with a variety of video initiatives, including video board operations, live streaming and the production of video highlights and features.
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years related experience required.
- A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for experience.
- Candidates should have previous experience working in an athletic communications office, have strong writing and communication skills, be proficient with word processing and desktop publishing software, have a working knowledge of video editing software and possess a solid understanding of college athletics.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and stat crew is helpful.
Candidates should include a resume, at least three references, and writing/publication sample
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OD
Starting Salary Range: $15.11 to $20.79 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Irregular schedule, nights & weekends involved
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001420-Athletics and Recreation
Personnel area: Homewood Student Affairs
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information