Data Technician, Surgical Oncology
Perform a variety of duties involved in the collection, interpretation and documentation of data in support of research and informational gathering activities.
- Perform a variety of duties involved in collecting, interpreting, documenting and summarizing descriptive, analytical and evaluative data in support of research and informational gathering activities.
- Procure data through observation, interviews and analysis of records and other sources to include the utilization of electronic equipment and devices.
- Coordinate and participate in the coding and key punching of data in preparation for computer processing; record data on standard forms assigning codes, writing abstracts or summaries and making graphic representation as required.
- Maintain files of data cards and related information.
- Assist in preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Recommend new methods for collection and documentation of data; write and revise procedural manuals as required.
- Assist in the training of new personnel.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 07
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in a field related to the specific position.
None required above education/training requirements. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE