Deadline 6 Jun 2019
Start date starting by agreement
The bursar of Masaryk University invites applications for the position of Programmer.
We are a university with nine faculties and more than 200 departments, institutes and clinics, working in a broad spectrum of scientific and humanities disciplines and fields of research. It is the largest university in Moravia and the second biggest employer in the South Moravian Region. Our vision is clear – we want to be a successful university, not only within the Czech Republic but also abroad.
Masaryk University’s Centre for International Cooperation (MU CZS) provides methodological support and information in many areas, coordinates MU activities in the field of foreign cooperation, administers international exchange placements of students, teachers, researchers and other staff and coordinates the preparation of English study programmes for foreign students. MU CZS also supports bilateral relations with foreign universities, expands awareness of English programmes at MU among foreign students and prepares and publishes promotional materials.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Helping with the development of the CZS information system
- Creating user documentation for the system
- Methodological training for information system users
- Communication with information system users
- Development and administration of the CZS website
What is our idea of a suitable candidate?
- At a minimum completed secondary education
- Very good knowledge of and experience with OOP in PHP 7+
- Good knowledge of SQL (My SQL)
What will improve your chances of success?
- Good knowledge of Nette or another MVC framework
- Good knowledge of Spring (Java)
- Knowledge of and experience with Umbraco (ASP.NET)
- Knowledge of GIT and Bootstrap
- Knowledge of English
What will you gain from working for us?
- You will become part of a prestigious institution
- We will give you space for personal and professional growth
- You will work with experienced colleagues who will train you
- You will have the chance to participate in educational events and workshops
- We can offer you benefits such as luncheon vouchers, subsidised catering, 6 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance and contributions for vaccinations
- Flexible working hours including the chance to use Home Office
- Starting by agreement
How can you apply?
In writing by sending a cover letter and structured CV by 06/06/2019 to Odbor pro personální řízení Rektorátu MU, Žerotínovo nám. 9, 601 77 Brno, or in an e-application, see below. In justified cases the principal can shorten, extend, suspend or cancel the selection process.