Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Finance
1 day left
- Full Time
Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Finance
Faculty of Business & Management
Starting salary range: Lecturer - £35,447 to £45,008 per annum dependent on skills, experience and qualifications Senior Lecturer - £42,824 to £52,776 per annum dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
Hours: 35 per week Job
Location: Regent’s Park, London, United Kingdom
Contract type: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: RC19/62/BAM
Exciting things are happening at Regent’s University, London’s only private, not-for-profit University, located in the heart of Regent’s Park. While still young, the Faculty of Business & Management has developed excellence in several areas of application, including entrepreneurship and family business, luxury brands and digital marketing; marketing psychology; banking, investment and trading; and international business.
The Faculty of Business & Management is growing. We are seeking an experienced Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in the area of Finance. You will be joining our current team of 75 academic staff. We are looking for scholars who love to engage with students who are intellectually curious, keen to work with business and industry, and seek the freedom to explore new approaches to teaching and learning, whilst valuing collegiality.
You will be able to make a strong contribution to the wide portfolio of modules offered by the Faculty and the research outputs of your subject group. The teaching delivery of modules must be well informed by up-to-date research/scholarly/enterprise outputs and activities. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further details about the Faculty’s research environment and pedagogic approach.
The successful candidate must also have:
- A Ph.D. in a related subject, completed or near completion
- Previous university lecturing/teaching experience in the cognate area, including evidence of the ability to relate to, motivate and teach culturally diverse students across a variety of programmes
- Ability to supervise and assess challenging students at undergraduate, postgraduate and executive level Experience of design, evaluation and development of curricula at module level
- A commitment to delivering outstanding and innovative learning experience
- Research and scholarly activity in your area of expertise is essential
Regent’s is truly global with students and faculty from 140 countries and partnerships around the world. Regent’s is committed to delivering a first-rate student experience, whilst moving up the rankings for research and scholarship.
Regent’s University London provides a relatively small, highly collegial work environment, offering great benefits for staff, including:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and additional discretionary closure days over the Christmas period
- Beautiful campus based in the heart of Regent's Park, a short walk from Baker Street or Great Portland Street stations
- Membership of a group personal pension scheme
- Travel to work loans up to £10,000 covering daily travel costs
- Benenden medical cover - allowing access to medical services where there is delay in receiving NHS treatment
- £3 a day allowance to spend in the University’s catering outlets
How to apply
Please visit our website www.regents.ac.uk/jobs to view further details and to apply online.
Within your application, please provide a statement explaining why you are suitable for the role, making reference to your skills and experience against the Person Specification. In addition, a full curriculum vitae is required, including details of any publications or research which should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 19 June 2019
Selection Date(s): Friday 19 July 2019
Regent’s University London are an Equal Opportunities employer.
We would consider sponsoring this post for those who do not have a right to work in the EU.
Please note, we advise applicants to use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox (Version 34 and below) when completing the online application form.