Special Scientist Position in Linguistics
The Department of English Studies at the University of Cyprus invites applications for up to six (6) Special Scientist positions in Linguistics for the Fall Semester 2019 – 2020 pending final approval and funding by the university authorities,.
The successful candidates will be required to teach:
ENG 25x: Topics in Phonetics and Phonology, a second-year undergraduate course, compulsory for the Linguistics track of the BA in English Studies; and/or
ENG 340: Language Change and Development, a third-year undergraduate course, compulsory for the Linguistics track of the BA in English Studies; and/or
ENG 350: EFL Teaching Methodology, a third-year compulsory undergraduate course; and/or
Up to three elective courses within her/his specialization, which would be advanced seminars to third- and fourth-year undergraduate students for the Linguistics track.
The successful candidate will be required to teach and guide students. She or he will also administer and mark the final exam for the course she or he will teach.
Special Scientist remuneration is 60 euro per teaching hour and paid employment is for 15 weeks. Teaching duties begin on September 2nd 2019, ending on December 13th 2019,. Payment is made as follows: €60 per hour x teaching hours x 15 weeks for the Fall Semester 2019-20.
Applicants should hold a PhD on a relevant subject.
Applicants should submit the following:
- Letter of application,
- Curriculum Vitae, with full contact details
- Copies of degrees and transcripts. The successful candidate(s) will be asked to submit certified copies from the Ministry of Education of Cyprus (if degrees were acquired in Cyprus) or from the respective institution abroad,
- Two representative publications
If applying for the first time to the Department, applicants must also arrange for two academic referees to send letters of recommendation directly to it (see below). The names and addresses of these referees must be submitted with the application.
In case an applicant is employed in the public or wider public sector of the Republic of Cyprus, she/he must obtain permission to work at the University from the appropriate Department/Ministry, or wider public sector authority.
Applications and references should be sent by email titled ENGO1 to Prof. Kleanthes K. Grohmann to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 31 May 2019, at 12 pm noon.
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact Prof. Grohmann at the above email address.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Languages, Literature & Linguistics Postdocs jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Languages, Literature & Linguistics Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Languages, Literature & Linguistics Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus