Lecturer in Statistics
Lecturer in Statistics
The NUIST-Reading Academy is seeking to appoint a full-time Statistics lecturer, to cover teaching of Probability and Statistics, Probability Theory, Mathematical Programming etc.
The NUIST-Reading Academy is located in Jiangsu, China, and is a joint venture between the University of Reading, UK, and Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), China. The Academy aims to provide high quality education to students with the possibility of completing degree courses in the UK. It offers six undergraduate programmes: Applied Chemistry, International Economics and Trade, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Environmental Engineering, Atmospheric Science (Meteorology) and Law.
There are a variety of central support facilities from the Academy to assist research and training initiatives including training opportunities provided by the UoR Centre for Quality, Support and Development. We also offer a supportive environment where you’ll meet a community of academics from both University of Reading and NUIST who are dedicated to delivering high quality teaching and research.
The post is based in Nanjing, with easy access to public transportation, international airports, convenient stores, hospitals etc.
- Two full-time mathematics lecturer posts at NUIST-Reading Academy.
- Annual salary (RMB, before tax): 250,000+, depending on relevant individual skills and experience.
- Travel allowance: 10,000 RMB per year.
- Accommodation provided.
- Medical insurance.
- Starting date: August 2019.
The NUIST-Reading Academy delivers all courses in English. The dual-degree curricula is designed and developed by the UoR. Instruction and assessment takes place at the Academy. The appointee will support students on the dual-degree programme and work as part of a close-knit team.
The appointee will have the following main responsibilities:
- Contribute to and enhance teaching on the BSc Mathematics and Applied Mathematics with specific responsibility to cover core-teaching requirements and contribute to other teaching as agreed with the NUIST-Reading Academy administration;
- Assessment, grading and feedback of written work and oral presentations;
- Hold weekly office hours;
- Communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Maintain friendly and effective working relationships;
- Participate in appropriate professional meetings and workshops;
- Organizing extra-curriculum learning activities for students;
- Motivating students to engage in learning, and help them to improve the quality of their work.
- Advanced level of proficiency and communicative competence in English;
- PhD in Statistics or Mathematics;
- Experience of teaching Mathematics and/or related disciplines at undergraduate level;
- Experience of the administration of courses and modules in British / Western universities;
- Excellent organisation, communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- An excellent team player;
- A willingness to work flexibly as required.
- Experience of teaching undergraduate students various levels of mathematics in a Chinese university environment;
- Documented excellence in classroom teaching;
- Documented excellence as an academic and career advisor to college students;
- Experience addressing needs of students from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Experience with assessment of student learning and programme evaluation and coordination;
- Evidence of professional publications and/or presentations in mathematics research;
- Enthusiasm for one’s field and a commitment to staying current.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter detailing how they satisfy the outlined requirements, a current resume, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three (3) professional references.
Application materials must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com and be in Word or PDF format.
Closing date: June 30, 2019
Apply for Lecturer in Statistics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly