Postdoctoral Research Associate – Stratified Medicine
Applications are invited for an outstanding postdoctoral researcher to contribute their expertise at the forefront of genetic research and applied data science as part of large national and international collaborations. Based between the Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics and St. John’s Institute of Dermatology at King's College London, the post-holder will undertake research on behalf of the Europe-wide BIOMAP (Biomarkers in Atopic Dermatitis and Psoriasis) consortium, funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative.(www.biomap-imi.eu).
Inflammatory skin diseases such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis result in substantial morbidity and public health costs. The planned research aims to identify genetic factors associated with specific and clinically relevant outcomes (including disease subtypes, progression and treatment response), study their interaction with environmental risk factors, and use them to build and assess clinical prediction models. We will also seek to infer mechanistic understanding via integration of transcriptomic and other omic datasets. The post-holder will make use of richly phenotyped large-scale genomic datasets, including data from the MRC funded Psoriasis Stratification to Optimize Relevant Therapy (PSORT) programme (for which our group leads the genetic analysis), UK Biobank, and other relevant datasets made available via BIOMAP.
The post-holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of computational and statistical approaches to these analyses, working closely within the research group and with external collaborators (PSORT, BIOMAP).
Closing date: Monday 24 June 2019
Interview date scheduled for Friday 12 July 2019
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Related jobs in London (Greater)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in London (Greater)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Support jobs in London (Greater)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Other Research Related jobs in London (Greater)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Associate jobs in London (Greater)