Associate Professor and Head, Discipline of Paramedicine
2 days left
- Full Time
- Full time, tenured Level D position with three-year leadership role (renewable)
- Based in Hobart or Sydney
- Opportunity to join a leading University in an influential leadership role
The College of Health and Medicine (CoHM) brings together five key entities: the School of Health Sciences, the School of Nursing, the School of Medicine, Menzies Institute for Medical Research and the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre. This structure enables the University of Tasmania to boost health and medical research performance, deliver evidence-based learning and practice, and transform health outcomes for the Tasmanian community.
The School of Medicine is a large interdisciplinary school comprising disciplinary groups in Medicine, Paramedicine, Pharmacy and Psychology. Programs in Paramedicine are offered with industry partners in Hobart and Sydney (Rozelle).
This is a key leadership position within the School with both strategic and operational responsibilities and accountability. To be successful, you will have a deep understanding of Paramedicine and the capacity to advance the discipline in higher education through strong and transformative partnerships with Ambulance Tasmania and New South Wales Ambulance.
The role is deeply engaged in the oversight of courses, research and the academic profile of Paramedicine. The role leads the discipline and actively supports disciplinary excellence. The role holder brings expertise, experience and enthusiasm to the role, and is a key contributor to effective leadership within the institution.
The role promotes and demonstrates the UTAS Values and Behaviours to support the culture and objectives of the University.
- Provide distributive leadership in assisting the College and the University to achieve its high-level objectives and fulfil its operational responsibilities.
- Ensure learning and teaching quality, including innovative contemporary learning and teaching practices, academic capability and student experience.
- Lead professional external Accreditation and alignment to the CoHM curriculum reform strategy through innovation, interprofessional collaboration and financial management.
- Provide academic leadership in learning, teaching and research and in managing and supporting the career development of academic staff.
- Provide leadership in the further development and maintenance of transformative partnerships with NSW Ambulance and Ambulance Tasmania and with other professions, industry and/or wider community.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent or a post graduate qualification (Masters level) with significant experience in Paramedic Practice and higher education.
- Capability to lead, develop and grow the discipline of Paramedicine in the University of Tasmania across multiple campuses.
- Capacity to provide distributive leadership in contemporary learning and teaching to develop and deliver high accredited quality distinctive curricula.
- Capacity to foster, build and sustain industry partnerships and in working effectively with the discipline, profession, industry and wider community.
- Significant clinical experience in Paramedicine and a history of strong engagement with the Paramedicine profession.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $178,164 comprising base salary within the range of $136,010 to $152,277 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Associate Professor Lisa Foa, Acting Head, School of Medicine, Lisa.Foa@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 2681.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 20 June 2019, 11:55 pm