Research Associate, Electrophysiologist
Faculty of Science
School of Human Sciences
- Full time on a 12 month fixed term appointment
- Salary: Level A step 8, $93,653 p.a. plus superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The School of Human Sciences was formed in 2017 as an amalgamation of the School of Anatomy, Physiology & Human Biology and the School of Sports Science, Exercise and Health. The School is one of the largest in the University and makes a significant contribution to the BSc majors in Anatomy and Human Biology, Exercise and Health, Physiology, Neuroscience, Medical Sciences, and Sports Science. The School also contributes to medical, dental and paramedical education in all tertiary institutions within Western Australia.
About the opportunity
A full time opportunity exists for an experienced electrophysiologist to work in the Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Laboratory in the School of Human Sciences to work on characterising L-type calcium channel function in murine CRISPR mutant models.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree and post graduate qualification in biophysics and/or physiology or pharmacology or molecular science or biochemistry
- Experience in patch-clamp measurement of ion channels, single channel and/or macroscopic currents, and pClamp software
- Experience in animal physiology (measurement of cardiac contractile function by left ventricular catheterisation, echocardiography), and biochemistry (immunoblot and/or western blot technique, fluorescent detection of calcium and/or mitochondrial function) are highly desirable
- Experience and willingness to supervise students and/or staff
- Well-developed organisational skills and ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of safety issues relating to the use of laboratory equipment and chemicals
You will show initiative and work productively as part of a team, have well-developed communication skills and a willingness to apply for competitive grants for travel and workshop attendance. Prior experience in animal physiology and biochemistry will be highly considered.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Friday, 5 July 2019
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Associate jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Associate jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Life sciences Research Associate jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Research Associate jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Chemistry Research Associate jobs in Perth