Supervisor-Shipping & Recieving
This position will oversee the receipt, storage, and delivery of supplies, materials and equipment, and to maintain accurate records of the status of delivery of all goods. To assist the director in planning and implementing departmental policies and procedures. To supervise staff, ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations. To assign work schedules and activities, train employees, conduct employee performance appraisals, hire new employees, terminate employees and approve employee promotions.
- Oversees the receipt, storage, and delivery of supplies, materials and equipment, and maintains accurate records of the status of delivery of all goods.
- Supervises the loading and unloading of departmental and delivery vehicles with the use of forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks and other material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervises staff, ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Assigns work schedules and activities, trains employees, conducts employee performance appraisals, hires new employees, terminates employees and approves employee promotions.
- Supervises and inspects freight and shipping documentation for damage and correctness. Oversees the delivery of freight, supplies and other materials throughout UAB.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(Annual Salary: $42,598.40 - $66,788.80)
Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field and three (3) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
Must be able to lift 25lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time. Requires walking and moving packages from trucks to carts to vans for delivery.