Transplant Center Quality Coordinator, Strategic Service Associate
General Description of the Job Class
Contribute to the achievement of the DUHS mission through the development and leadership of quality assessment and performance improvement activities in the Duke Transplant Center (DTC) to support the DTC Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Initiatives as described in the DTC QAPI Plan. Assure that improvement activities are in alignment with transplant regulatory and accreditation standards through monitoring activities and the design and implementation of strategies to support quality outcomes and enhance compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Serve as project manager for DTC transplant program improvement projects.
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing quality and performance.
- Assist in establish performance targets
- Evaluate effectiveness of improvement strategy through sustained monitoring of quality and performance
- Analyze data and reports to identify adverse trends and/or undesirable performance. Identify opportunities for improved quality in performance
- Utilize performance improvement techniques and methodologies; Serve as an expert resource on performance improvement techniques and methodologies
- Produce documents and presentations to track, display, and communicate DTC QAPI initiatives in support of the DTC QAPI plan
- Contribute to the establishment of quality assessment and performance improvement priorities for the transplant programs, care partners and for the organization as a whole in support of transplant outcomes and regulatory compliance
- Support DTC's efforts to maintain compliance with regulations and accreditation standards. Monitor compliance through formal and informal processes.
- Recognize opportunities for improving quality and compliance.
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing compliance.
- Increase transplant team member’s understanding of performance improvement methodologies and principles and compliance through the support of and participation in formal and informal professional development activities.
- Develop, maintains and enhances knowledge of QAPI and compliance for transplant through orientation, self- evaluation and professional development.
- Responsibilities may include varying levels of strategic planning and human and fiscal resource management.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelors degree in a business or health-related field is required. BSN or MSN in Nursing a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, including 3 years of experience with significant responsibility for performance/process improvement.
- Experience leading work teams required.
- Formal training in quality methods preferred.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Six Sigma Green belt or higher and/or CPHQ preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with customers/staff with diverse educational backgrounds
- Ability to perform analysis of data and related processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to manage numerous diverse projects simultaneously