Teacher, School of Human Sciences
Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
The School of Human Sciences provides education, research, and outreach programs related to human interaction and relationships, early childhood, child life, youth, adult and family studies, and teaching education in Family and Consumer Sciences and Agricultural Education. In addition, selected School programs focus on commerce, marketing, and using technology for problem solving and designing programs and projects.
Area of Specialization:
Child Development/Teaching Preschool Children
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Primary teacher for a group of children.
2. Demonstrates a warm, calm, and unhurried manner.
3. Serves as a role model for children and university students.
4. Interacts effectively with students enrolled in Human Sciences courses.
5. Provides for the education, care, safety, and well-being of all children in the
6. Meets the children’s emotional, social, physical, and intellectual needs.
7. Plans and implements developmentally appropriate learning activities.
8. Maintains a cooperative relationship with children, co-workers, university
students, and parents.
9. Demonstrates increasing understanding of child growth and development in
working with children, in talking with parents, and in recording activities.
10. Attends staff meetings, reports problems of child or room management to the
11. Attends in-service training, keeps current on developments in field of child
12. Follows personnel policies of the Child Development and Family Studies Center
and the University.
13. Manages a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for young children.
14. Performs any related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Child Development or closely related field.
2. Meets required standards as specified by the State Department of Health/Child
Care Licensure Standards for staff including finger printing.
1. Experience teaching preschool children including group experience with children
four years and younger.
2. Prior staff and/or student supervision experience.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online and attach 1) a cover letter; 2) resume; 3) the complete contact information for three professional references; and 4) a copy of transcripts (official transcripts are required upon employment).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.