Analyst, IT, CDSS
Duke OIT - CDSS
This position is part of the Office of Information Technology and reports to the manager of OIT’s Centralized Device Services and Support group. This position exists to provide the highest quality of technical computing support services to the Duke Community; specializing in desktop/laptop/handheld device hardware/software support and server administration.
DUTIES & WORK PERFORMED
- Provide all levels of desktop support for Windows 7/10 and MacOS configurations - remain dedicated until a solution is identified and implemented to the customer’s satisfaction
- Provide backup for or assist in system administration for Windows 2012/2016 Server (including file system and active directory management)
- Perform Hardware and Software Installation, upgrades and configuration according to documented procedures
- Track problems, record diagnostic information, and document solution
- Provide consultation to users for hardware and software acquisitions (backup and restore capabilities), coordinate their implementation and provide appropriate budget projections as needed; using standard configuration resources.
- Create and maintain documentation on supported systems and services
- Ensure endpoint compliance with best practices in IT security
- Train users (and peers) as needed, especially in the use of enterprise email and group scheduling systems. Other limited training when available
- Actively participate in the University’s technical user groups
- Coordinate equipment pickups for disposal/recycling
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good communications skills and the ability to work with a demanding clientele is necessary. This includes the ability for prompt decision-making and demonstrating superior customer service.
- Expectation setting and follow up with customers.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of end-users as well as other support entities (verbal and written).
- Must be able to work in a team environment and/or independently and also have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Continuous attention to security and confidentiality issues due to exposure to sensitive data within support role.
Associate degree (Computer Science or related field preferred), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Minimum of three years operational and technical experience in a medium to large-scale client/server environment including at least three years of experience performing desktop support of operating system (Windows 7/10; MacOS) and desktops, including experience installing and troubleshooting a wide variety of business applications.
- At least one year of hands-on experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows 2012/2016 application servers.
- Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Knowledge or experience with Windows Group Policy.
- Knowledge or experience with desktop management and deployment tools, such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Jamf Pro
- Basic understanding of Linux based Operating Systems
- Knowledge or experience working with servers in a Virtual Hosting environment
- Experience with Point of Sale Equipment and/or Sequoia software
- Experience with Information Technology Service Management Tools, such as ServiceNow.
The working environment is a typical office environment. The work at times will require working under a desk to install equipment. The ability to lift desktop computers and carry them short distances including stairs is required.
Inclusion and Diversity are at the very heart of innovation. We believe workplace success depends heavily on a vibrantly diverse and inclusive culture. Transformational thinking and creativity are fundamental traits needed to create and deploy world-changing technology that stems from a rich culture acquiescent to all differences. OIT fully embraces and promotes Duke’s commitment to the principles of Diversity and Inclusion.
Job Code 2423 ANALYST, IT
Requisition Number 401600922
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Family Level C
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID