Clinical Research Assistant
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/
We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic individual who will provide study assistance/coordination for patient-oriented clinical and translational research projects within the Renal Division. The primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with Institutional Review Board (IRB) documentation including submissions, continuing reviews, amendments, and adverse event reporting.
- Assist, process, file, and organize study and regulatory documentation.
- Assist in the coordination, creation, organization, and maintenance of all documentation, logs, spreadsheets, and databases required by the sponsor or clinical research organizations (CROs) – source documentation, case report forms, study, and regulatory binders, and patient binders.
- Assist in resolving regulatory-related queries with IRB, study sponsors, and CROs.
- Work with research sponsors, CROs, or regulatory agencies on study initiation, monitoring, closeout visits, and any audits.
- Research data entry.
- Assist with performing study visits, consenting of participants,
Picking up and delivering supplies and specimens, and escorting participants to other testing/procedure areas
- Recruit, screen, and enroll patients as specified per protocol.
- Schedule patient visits and necessary testing.
- Process and ship blood, urine, and serum specimens.
- Obtain records and any other material required to complete case report forms and comply with protocols.
A minimum of a high school and 3 – 5 years clinical trial/clinical research experience; or equivalent. Previous experience in a healthcare setting is preferred. Effective problem-solving abilities. Effective communication and writing skills. Ability to multi-task. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. Knowledge of IRB and human research protection regulations. Knowledge of medical terminology is required. Willing to learn procedures such as phlebotomy, EKG’s, PWV’s, etc.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job