- Full Time
Department Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Recruitment Type Open to All
Job Type Full-Time
Monthly Salary $2,916.67 - $3,333.33
Job Category Non-Exempt
Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Excellent design skills;
- Strong technical skills including an expertise in HTML;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, or a related field
- Two+ year(s) of professional design experience in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of email construction/coding and best practices
- Experience working within project management system
- Experience in a higher education, nonprofit, or government environment
- Proven ability to work autonomously and efficiently with limited supervision
The Graphic Designer creates solutions that facilitate recruitment and branding efforts for the university’s office of Undergraduate Admissions. The successful candidate will be a team player who is able to offer a variety of design solutions, can adapt and incorporate existing branding and design approaches, is highly organized, has strong interpersonal and communication skills, and has the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. Projects include, but are not limited to: design and production of emails, brochures, posters, signage, promotional materials, and presentations.
- Conceptualize, design and produce marketing communications across multiple platforms, including digital and print;
- Code responsive emails, using design best practices, containing dynamic content using HTML;
- Assist with design and production of presentations, the Undergraduate Admissions website, and social media content;
- Coordinate the design, layout, production and inventory systems for materials, including but not limited to: brochures, stationary, event collateral (signs, name badges, programs, etc.), event displays and environmental graphics;
- Participate in collaborative meetings with internal clients and communication team members;
- Prioritize multiple projects and deadlines effectively;
- Complete projects on schedule, within budget, and within university brand guidelines.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.