Head of Information Technology Services Division
Deadline 14 Jun 2019
Start date by appointment
Is your team leadership not enough for you, yet? Do you want to move on in your career and lead the entire IT division?
We offer a unique opportunity to be a head of IT division within Institute of Computer Science Masaryk University. You will be responsible for the common university IT services (including Microsoft Office 365 provision), helpdesk and monitoring/surveillance teams, corresponding software development. The work also includes strategy development and IT service architecture setup for the large university.
Job characteristics and specifics:
- responsibility for management and development of the 40-member IT Services division
- team leadership: employee motivation and evaluation, career planning, cooperation with HR department
- professional leadership: development of overall division strategy, responsibility for smooth operation of the services the division provides (e.g., O365 collaborative environment and its adaptation to the university environment, central desktop management and similar university wide services, helpdesk and support center provisioning etc.; for the user’s interface to some of the services operated by the division see also https://it.muni.cz)
- control over the division budget, including service provisioning
- work with students - trainee programs, integration into team
- representation of the Institute at least at the national level (conferences, projects, coordination bodies)
You should have:
- appropriate expertise in some IT services field (either technical or managerial)
- interest in the development of IT services of a large university
- experience with team leadership (at least 10 team members, 3 years)
- analytic and logical thinking, proactive attitude
- responsible and reliable personality
- advanced knowledge of English language (at least B2 level)
- work experience in the field outside of the Czech Republic or in an international team is a plus
- experience with students and young graduates (integration into your team, placement) is a plus
What do we offer?
- interesting leading position within the university
- opportunity to influence IT strategy of the whole Masaryk University
- opportunity of international collaboration
- regular contact with students – young, dynamic environment
- facilities and experience of the entire Institute of Computer Science
- adequate financial compensation with a starting range of 75 to 85 thousand CZK per month complemented with premiums and project participation to increase the total income
- employee benefits as English courses, six weeks of leave, meal vouchers and pension insurance contribution
- free parking
Send your application by e-application below or to: email@example.com.