The Office of Academic Advising Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Office of Academic Advising and will serve as a primary initial contact for all visitors to the office.
Reporting to the Director, Academic Advising, this position performs a variety of duties, assisting with the daily functions of the Office of Academic Advising related to customer service, administrative support, event planning, and research. S/he assists in a wide range of projects to support the administrative processes, special initiatives, and programmatic needs of the Office of Academic Advising, and other tasks as deemed appropriate by the Director.
Among other responsibilities, the Assistant is charged with:
- Serving as a SEVIS-certified liaison to OGS (s/he works closely with F-1 students to review and help process SEVIS forms and to make referrals as appropriate to OGS)
- General upkeep of office including conference room, kitchen area, and storage room as well as office technology
- Acting as a liaison between Office of Academic Advising (OAA) and the appropriate vendors and Facilities personnel to ensure a well-supplied and well-maintained workspace
- Planning and organizing the logistics for meetings and functions required by OAA staff including managing OAA’s career and academic workshop calendar
- Maintaining an updated master chart of 50 Nightingale space usage
- Maintaining an updated master chart of OAA staff schedules and contact information
- Creating and assign Salesforce cases for Transfer Credit Awards and other paperwork received by OAA
- Prepping student requests for degree audit, change of major, etc. using Banner (both SSB and INB)
- Keeping inventory of and ordering office supplies
- Processing all help desk requests for office technology
- Collect career and workshop RSVPs
- Assist with data collections and special projects
- Daily Belvidere Hall and Registrar Office runs
- Assist with logistics of special events
This position requires extensive interaction with many internal/external stakeholders including students, faculty and staff, but also includes external groups (e.g., external visitor, alumni, vendors).