Chief Information Officer
Chief Information Officer
Position Chief Information Officer
Location Hanoi, Vietnam
VinUniversity seeks an entrepreneurial leader with a record of excellence in education and university administration. The candidate should have strong experience in the management of a newly established, complex, and diverse higher education environment to serve as the Chief Information Officer at VinUniversity.
The Chief Information Officer will be responsible for leading the information technology of VinUniversity to deliver all technology-related capabilities, products, and services required to achieve stable IT operations and long-term business success.
- Provides institution-wide leadership and strategic direction in the development, management, and operation of shared information services across the University.
- Establishes effective IT governance for the University and acts as a trusted advisor for the President and Provost to understand the needs of the University and to shape the digital agenda.
- Leads and coordinates the development and implementation of integrated, strategic IT plans and policies for the University. Ensures smooth collaboration with the IT divisions of Vingroup and Vinmec and ensures compliance with Vingroup’s regulations regarding IT systems and security.
- Leads, guides, and oversees the institutional information technology budgeting process. Provides leadership in cost and productivity analysis.
- Leads the process of determining the priorities, projects, and future directions of the University's IT functions.
- Integrates and coordinates the development and implementation of IT programs across the University in order to achieve maximum institution-wide efficiencies and synergies. Coordinates the identification and prioritization of required IT initiatives among the University's various components, especially the health sciences components, which will be closely connected to the Vinmec IT system.
- Leads and guides the design, establishment, and maintenance of the organizational structure and staffing required to accomplish effectively the University's goals and objectives in information technologies.
- Provides guidance and counsel to the President and Provost in the examination and definition of objectives for existing and proposed information systems and for the design of improved systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate degree in computer science, IT, or relevant field
- At least 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specific to a higher education environment
- An understanding of technology in higher education and a vision for the future
- Deep expertise in technology and an ability to develop a clear vision and strategy for technology
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, of best practices in IT policies and procedures, and of IT tools and techniques
- Background in designing and developing IT systems and in planning IT implementation at a university
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Broad knowledge of IT and of the mission of private universities
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to carry out the functions of leadership along a planned program of institutional direction
- Ability to manage a budget and to establish and monitor fiscal accountability within the areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff, and students as well as community groups of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Evidence of strong professional networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a resume as well as a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and demonstrating your relevant qualifications to the Search Committee at email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning May 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination that includes the candidate’s contact information to the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide an accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accommodation options.
Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, ID, driver’s license, insurance, etc.)
Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for the employee’s children. There is a child education allowance if the children study at Vinschools.
Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living, and expatriates can live a very comfortable life in Vietnam with a moderate expenditure.
Cornell Chronicle >>
Cornell Daily Sun >> http://cornellsun.com/2018/03/16/cornell-to-help-establish-university-in-hanoi-in-collaboration-with-vietnamese-company/
Vietnam Economic Times >> http://vneconomictimes.com/article/business/vingroup-partners-with-cornell-penn-universities
Vietnam News >> http://vietnamnews.vn/brand-info/426643/vinuni-creates-breakthrough-in-higher-education-quality.html#GGS8jf0qFgDupSrC.97
Penn News >> https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2018/september/penn-extends-its-global-reach-to-improve-health-care-education-and-quality-of-care-in-southeast-asia
Philadelphia Business Journal >> https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2018/09/12/penn-medicine-vietnam-vinuni-vinmec-global-health.html
VinUniversity >> https://vinuni.edu.vn
Apply for Chief Information Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly