Education Focussed Academic, Accounting
Faculty of Business and Law
Newcastle Business School
At the University of Newcastle, our staff are curious. We think big, see opportunity and are open to ideas and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. And we're courageous - bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change. We attract, foster and retain remarkable professional staff who actively contribute to our reputation.
NeW Space is a $95 million landmark education precinct in the heart of Newcastle’s CBD - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Is NEW for you?
Newcastle Business School is the larger of 2 schools within the Faculty of Business and Law. The school teaches offshore and in Sydney, Newcastle City, Callaghan, Online and Ourimbah and is accredited through AACSB – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Our mission is to build and sustain a vibrant learning community that advances business knowledge. In working to achieve our mission, we pursue: Opportunity for academic development that builds our research capabilities, both within disciplines and across disciplinary boundaries; Collaboration with local, national and international partners; Research-led and student-focused teaching and learning opportunities.
What will you do?
To contribute towards the domains of academic work within Newcastle Business School, principally focused on teaching delivery and teaching related duties. Teaching requirement will be 60%, service 20% and research 20%. 60% teaching would equate to approximately 6 courses.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Course development and coordination; engaging in activities in support of Program level enhancement
- Contribution to improvement of student success and retention at a Course level
- Engaging in activities to support research and work integrated learning approaches, and/or interdisciplinary and intercultural perspectives across the Program.
This is a rewarding job that offers diversity, autonomy and challenge. We are seeking a high energy candidate who is passionate about teaching and genuinely wants to work as part of a team.
You will need:
- A PhD
- Experience as an academic role on a casual, fixed-term, or on-going basis
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development
- Demonstrated high level performance in your field consistent with internal and external best practice demonstrated through publications, teaching, and/or industry engagement
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to participate in a team environment demonstrating clear communication and mutual respect
For a full job description visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/job-vacancies
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
What NEW can offer?
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/benefits-at-a-glance
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The remuneration is from $97,268 to $115,507 + 17% super and is commensurate with experience
Your next steps
Click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application will be assessed on selection criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required. In addition:
- Follow all directions and complete all necessary fields of the application; and
- In your selection criteria demonstrate clearly how your skills and experience meet each point and should be a maximum of four pages.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 June 2019