Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Economics
Zhejiang University - College of Humanities and Social Science
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. Qiushi Academy, the predecessor of Zhejiang University, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China.
Zhejiang University focuses on assiduous study and research, and science and technological innovation. It has launched a number of international high-end academic platforms and gathered masters, scholars and high-level research teams in various disciplines. In recent years, Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences. Zhejiang University always takes initiative in catering for national and regional needs, and exerts itself to become an influential high-level source of innovation and a pool of talents.
College of Economics
The College of Economics specialises in research fields and specialisations for the following areas: Finance, New Institutional Economics, Industrial Economics, International Economics (International Trade or International Investment), Public Finance, Public Economics. (see college website here)
Zhejiang University “Hundred Talents Program”
The newly launched “One-hundred Talents Program” is aimed at attracting outstanding scholars both at home and abroad. To those recruited via this program, the university is to adopt an international academic standard and procedure --- the tenure track system.
The university plans to recruit roughly 100 distinguished scholars from both China and abroad by the “One-hundred Talents Program”. Ample funds are available for this program to ensure that scholars have a favorable academic environment and optimum working and living conditions so that they can be dedicated to academic research and the advancement of their fields (read more of ZJU's other recruitment programs).
- He/She who holds this position should engage in high-quality teaching.
- Zhejiang University "Hundred Talents Program"(Humanities and Social Science) includes "Type A" and "Type B".
Type A: The applicant should be engaged in a high-level research, participate in the planning, developing and implementation of academic discipline(s), facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation, promote international reputation, gradually form a leading and competitive role in the academic discipline.
Type B: The applicant should be engaged in a high-level research and establish a research orientation, facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation and become an active and influential scholar in the field.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Type A: The applicant should hold associate professorship or assistant professorship in a prominent international university, and have a certain influence in national and international academia with active thoughts. He/She should have the ability to make certain influential achievements in some fields.
- Type B: The applicant should be the outstanding scholar with excellent academic training. Principally, he/she should hold a doctoral degree or accomplish postdoctoral research of a renowned university or renowned discipline. He/She should have certain innovative research achievements with active thoughts as well as a great developing potential.
- The applicant is expected to be a proactive learner and work full-time at ZJU
- ZJU will provide decent compensation.
- ZJU will provide the position of ZJU100 Professor, qualified to supervise doctoral students. Type A talents can apply for tenured professor or tenured associate-professor directly.
- Those qualified may apply for purchasing one of the apartments reserved for talents.
- After the application approved, a research start-up fund will be provided according to the difference of disciplines.
Contact: Ms. Yu
For application please provide a detailed resume, certificates of academic degrees, innovative research achievements and samples of major publications. These documents may be sent by email via the Apply button below (please ensure firstname.lastname@example.org is copied in the email).
For further questions, you can email Central Human Resources at email@example.com