Workday HCM Systems Analyst
Iowa State University Human Resources (UHR) is seeking a Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems Analyst to join their Human Resources Information Systems (HRIM) team. The position will serve as a UHR technical resource for implementation of annual HR programs and business processes, such as compliance reporting, open enrollment (open change), performance management and compensation administration activities. They will participate in the development of related integrations, reporting requirements and system troubleshooting related to these activities.The position will provide functional-technical support for various Workday HCM modules including Payroll, HCM Core, Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking, and Recruiting.
The position will partner with various campus academic and administrative departments to define business needs, communicate system capabilities/limitations, and translate into system design. In addition, the position will partner with HR business stakeholders, Finance and Information Technology team members to understand the technical implications of business requirements and related system applications.
The position will actively participate in the optimization of ISU’s use of Workday HCM, resulting in operational efficiency and improved user experience. They will lead the development, testing configuration, and implementation of new projects, enhancements, and interfaces.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze a situation and provide clear, sequential and logical information and instructions.
• Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work with all levels of the organization on multiple areas of expertise
• Ability to collaborate with functional and technical team members
• Strong technical insight, with the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Ability to research, diagnose and resolve issues (e.g. – end-user, business process, security, etc.) that are escalated beyond tier 1.
In addition to aforementioned duties, the Systems Analyst III would demonstrate a higher level of system analyst related experience and would be expected to operate in the position with a higher degree of autonomy.