Operations Administrative Assistant
- Part Time
Department Mason Enterprise Center
Alternate Department Description MEC-Leesburg
Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check
Motor Vehicle Background Check No
Job Category Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Job Type Part-Time
Working Hours 20-25 hours per week
Other Location 202 Church St SE, Leesburg, VA 20175
Salary $15-$20 per hour; Commensurate with education and experience.
The Mason Enterprise Center (MEC) at George Mason University, is looking for a detail-oriented and responsive person for a part time Operations Administrative Assistant position in our MEC-Leesburg office. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is responsible for providing fiscal & financial processing and purchasing/procurement support for the MEC-Leesburg incubator and Small Business Development Center (SBDC) programs. The Operations Administrative Assistant serves as primary point of contact for MEC incubator member-company on-site support, facility operations and maintenance, and provides reception and event support. They also serve as a secondary support for SBDC client appointments and advisor/mentor scheduling.
- Work with Front Desk Admin Assistant to receive check payments and process the checks according to appropriate cash handling procedures.
- Track and record credit card payments received via TouchNet (credit card payment system). Maintain electronic database and physical files for MEC incubator members.
- Maintain expert knowledge of procurement policies and procedures including eVA system (Virginia purchasing portal and processes). Perform monthly Purchasing Card (p-Card) reconciliations for 1 to 2 staff including confirming rders in eVA as needed.
- Responsible for purchases of goods and services that fall within procurement guidelines using the appropriate method and/or vendor, based on Mason policies. Solicit bid requests as needed and coordinate with the requesting office (minimal demand; only 3 to 6 requests per year).
- Coordinate processing of vendor invoices for payment.
- Prepare reimbursements, deposit refund requests, and other fiscal related forms.
- Coordinate with MEC Finance and HR Specialist on matters related to monthly invoicing and payments received.
- Process payments for events and sponsorships ensuring they are posted to the appropriate account.
- Serve as point of contact for University-leased copier/printers and communicate monthly usage.
- Order supplies for office and kitchen areas as needed through Supply Room or other approved vendors.
- -Process food and beverage waivers according to Mason policies.
- n coordination with the Front Desk Admin Assistant, ensure that MEC/SBDC guests and prospects—in-person, email or phone—are properly handled.
- Prepare and handle the processing of MEC Member leases & agreements in collaboration with Regional Director.
- Assign office and mailbox keys as needed; assign and manage activation/deactivation of printer codes, mailboxes, and access fobs.
- Ensure that all incubator members are fully on-boarded and have received all appropriate information.
- Ensure that new members have an office sign posted and maintain the building directory. Order signs as requested.
- Verify that new MEC Incubator members have signed-up for an SBDC advising appointment. Track MEC Member’s quarterly SBDC check-in appointments and follow up with members.
- Maintain online calendar tools for scheduling appointments, meetings and conference rooms. Monitor and update as needed.
- -Ensure that conference/training rooms are set up appropriately. Coordinate outside conference room rentals and process the billing.
- Ensure that mail and packages are processed appropriately; serve as primary contact for postal carrier and other delivery providers.
- Serve as Point of Contact and in-house expert for questions related to IT, A/V and networked printer access in the building and front door fobs.
- Track and address building maintenance needs.
- Create and/or maintain online data collection tools and reports to ensure that funder deliverables are tracked and can be shared in a timely manner.
- Other administrative support requests from MEC personnel.
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- Basic computer skills; working abilities using Microsoft Office programs in particular WORD, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to learn new computer applications and software programs
- Comfortable troubleshooting simple AV connections and basic IT network issues
- Detail-oriented and strong organization skills
- Ability to problem solve and research answers to questions
- Able to take direction and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette
- Experience processing Purchasing Card reconciliations
- Good working knowledge of Virginia procurement guidelines and processes
- Experience using eVA (electronic Virginia purchasing software platform)
- Experience with Banner and Micro Strategies accounting systems
- Experience with TouchNet payment processing system
- Working knowledge of Airtable, Trello, Asana and YouCanBookMe software applications
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.|
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Campus Safety Information
Mason’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/