The Payroll Services Department within the Total Rewards Division is dedicated to providing accurate and timely services to employees and other stakeholders. We are responsible for paying all employees in compliance with federal and local labor laws. We have a commitment to embrace change that promotes increased productivity and we strive to exceed the expectations of our customers.
This position is responsible for the administration of payment to all employees for time worked in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with federal and local labor laws. The core responsibilities include reviewing requests for supplemental paychecks, calculating monies due and initiating payment, and reviewing payroll action forms and initiating related transactions to modify employee records to include: tax withholding certificates, university parking, health and wellness and union dues deduction requests. This role reviews error reports during payroll processing and initiates changes, and gathers and reports statistical data on a monthly basis, to include the late time-sheet report and payroll processing counts.
This position will work as part of the operations team in processing payroll in a timely and accurate manner to include both bi-weekly and monthly payrolls.
Responsibilities may also include one or more of the following:
- Supporting the Automated Clearing House (ACH) process.
- Processing direct deposit input.
- Processing voided checks and stop payments.
- Imaging of payroll documents.
- Processing employment verification.
- W2 form reissue.
- Supporting the check printing and notification of deposit process and distribution.
- Reviews error reports during payroll processing and initiates changes to ensure timely and accurate payrolls.
- Reviews payroll action forms and initiates related transactions to modify employee records to include, tax withholding certificates, University parking, health and wellness and union dues deduction requests.
- Reviews request for supplemental paychecks, calculates monies due, and initiates payment.
- Assumes responsibility for responding to all inquiries related to payroll in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.