Special Scientist, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS in the field of BIPV for nearly zero energy buildings integration.
Application Code: FOSS2019SS-06
First Degree (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research under research projects of the PV Technology. The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting research in BIPV technology in Nearly-Zero-Energy-Buildings (NZEBs)
- Conducting research in BIPV solutions on glazing applications to design new facade systems
- Performance evaluation of the BIPV solutions installation in facades
- Support in research project management.
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €1200-€2800
(€8,57/hr). From this amount employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds as well as any income tax will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Ideally, the position should be combined with an application for a PhD at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus and the research work that will be carried out will be the subject of the doctoral thesis.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- letter of interest for the position
- full cv
- copies of degrees and transcripts
- name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
For more information please contact: Dr. George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus