Lecturer (Education) - Cultural Geography
The Department of Geography, King’s College London, seeks to appoint a Lecturer (Education) in Cultural Geography. The appointed candidate will be an integral member of the academic staff, enhancing student experience by teaching geography across undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. We welcome applications from those engaged in teaching in cultural geography and cultural politics, particularly in relation to consumption geographies and geographies of knowledge production and media. The Lecturer will contribute to teaching, supervision, marking and academic and pastoral support of students on the BA programme in Geography, and also to students on selected Master’s programmes. They will also pursue opportunities for conducting education-focused scholarship in their field and occasionally mentoring PhD students. The Lecturer will themselves receive mentoring and support to develop their skills and experience in education, academic administration, and scholarship.
You will have a passion for teaching and engaging with students at all levels, especially undergraduates and Masters students. As part of the teaching and tutorial delivery team you will also be responsible for associated project supervision, examining and pastoral duties for our students. A commitment to advanced education in the rapidly changing UK HE environment is essential and opportunities for professional development and scholarship will be available. Use of innovative teaching methods bringing in media, social media and visual methods are particularly sought. The ability to teach across our contested development and urban futures related programmes is important.
The appointment is to the Academic Education Pathway (AEP) and as such focused on the delivery of education, education-related scholarship, and leadership in education. In terms of workload, indicatively 80% of a staff member’s activities will be accounted for by a combination of teaching, supervision, student support, educational leadership and innovation, and administration, and the remaining 20% will be dedicated to scholarship. The scholarship component of the workload should not exceed 20% and is expected to be substantially education-focused. A member of staff on the AEP will not be contractually obliged to be carrying out research and will not have significant responsibility for research.
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in London (Central)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in London (Central)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Geography Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in London (Central)