London School of Science and Technology is looking to recruit a full-time Academic Dean to provide strategic and operational leadership in the learning and teaching requirements of the campus on both Academic and non-academic levels.
The post is located in London, Elephant and Castle.
Contract: Minimum one year’s contract (full-time 35hrs per week), extendable on performance and growth of the business
Minimum Requirements for the Post
- Master’s degree in a relevant academic discipline (Essential)
- PhD in a relevant discipline (Desirable)
Experience & Position:
- Work experience in Education for more than 10 years
- Work experience in a leadership role for more than 5 years
- Management skills both within learning and teaching within a higher education environment and supporting staff engaged in learning and teaching
- Experience in Educational Oversight and / or QAA inspections
- Involved in the validation of new programs both on undergraduate and postgraduate level
- An understanding of issues facing the UK higher education sector, notably in relation to learning and teaching
- Experience of managing resources within a College in relation to learning and teaching.
Purpose of the Role:
- To provide the strategic vision and leadership for the campus both on Academic and non-Academic levels under the management of the Principal and Deputy CEO.
- To contribute to the institutional strategy in learning and teaching, and to participate in the numerous boards, committees and panels of the College.
- To liaise with the senior officers of the College to ensure the effective management of all academic systems
- To develop an effective working relationship with senior management in order to meet the highest standards of corporate governance
- To enhance the reputation of the College for academic excellence, quality and engagement
Duties of the Role:
- To provide effective leadership of the College to both its staff and students and to external stakeholders
- To organise, direct and manage the campus and lead the staff as appropriate to the matrix line management structure
- To be a member of key committees and to represent the interests of the campus.
- To provide effective management of all systems, staff and resources made available to the campus.
- To contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of College plans and policies
- To ensure that the College is effectively represented and promoted in local and regional forums and that information from external sources is disseminated widely throughout the campus
This role profile is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
How to Apply
Applications for this post must include your curriculum vitae (CV)