Job Code: 4821
Financial Management Services, is looking for a software developer to join the Data Analysis and Operational Excellence team. The team is responsible for the support, maintenance, operations and upgrades of various C#/SQL Server and PHP/MySQL based internally written applications as well as other third party/custom applications and many reporting needs through Financial Management Services. The team also supports custom application integrations with other units across the university.
This position requires a solid functional and technical knowledge of application development using C# and PHP as well as a strong SQL background. You will have experience in performing production support activities including, but not limited to, maintaining system configuration, database reporting, and filing/resolving service requests.
- Assess user needs and requirements.
- Design and develop applications that may involve sophisticated data manipulation.
- Understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Maintain and update existing programs.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Create programs to meet reporting and analysis needs.
- Design and implement user and operations training programs.
- Document changes in software for end users.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Serve as technical resource with respect to applications.
- Perform support, maintenance, operations, and upgrades of applications.
- Coordinate work efforts for system enhancements and upgrades.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of C# programming language.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Working experience of developing reports using SAP Crystal Reports.
- Working knowledge of Git.
- Working experience with PHP and LAMP stack.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office Suite and VBA.
- Experience and comfort in working with Linux and Windows environments.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4821
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I