User Services Consultant
Department Client Solutions
Recruitment Type Open to All
Job Type Full-Time
Monthly Salary $3,000.00 +Commensurate with experience
Job Category Exempt
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Strong customer service skills, including strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Problem resolution skills to include strong analytical, research, and troubleshooting skills; able to fix increasingly complex technical problems
- Must be a highly motivated, dependable self-starter that works well in a team environment
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, working under pressure, and willing to quickly and efficiently embrace change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow complex written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated decision making skills and ability to prioritize effectively
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be willing to work additional hours, sometimes with little advanced notice, to complete projects and meet deadlines
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license
- Experience with Service Desk (Help Desk) end-user technical support in higher education environment
- Experience with computer hardware and software diagnostics and repair
- Demonstrated experience installing and supporting operating systems and software including: Windows, Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other productivity software.
- Experience with money handling, invoicing, and tracking inventory
- Experience with video conferencing software and conducting or supporting online meetings
- Experience with ticket logging, tracking, and reporting via service management software
- Familiarity with ITIL Foundations and IT Service Management practices.
- Skills in Office 365 collaborative tools including Teams, Groups, Outlook, Skype, and SharePoint
- Experience with desktop management tools including Apple and PC systems.
The IT Assistance Center (ITAC) in the division of Information Technology is seeking a professional to work within a customer-focused team to provide technical support to the Texas State University community. This position is responsible for responding to and resolving requests for assistance with various computer applications and processes including software installation and troubleshooting, hardware diagnosis, malware remediation, network troubleshooting, and consulting on technology topics. Service is primarily delivered face-to-face, but also via remote administration, chat, e-mail, phone support, and on-site visits. This position will be focused on providing support out of the ITAC Service Center (walk-up desk) and will be tasked with supporting escalated requests that require field services, including occasional travel to other Texas State campuses or locations. This position will also be responsible for inventory tracking, money handling, basic sales, and retail services through the ITAC Service Center. The User Services Consultant reports to the Sr. User Services Consultant – Service Center Team Lead.
- Perform intake, triage, and quick repairs of computing equipment at the ITAC Service Center.
- Respond to and resolve incidents and service requests with various computer applications and processes face-to-face and using remote administration, web-chat, e-mail, phone support, and on-site visits.
- Provide technical support for hardware, software, malware remediation, network connectivity, and processes.
- Consult with users on best practices, advanced uses, and problem solution strategies to meet technology needs.
- Handle service and product sales and returns.
- Participate in projects and activities. Meet set deadlines.
- Review, and update documentation for standard operating procedures, knowledge articles, and policies for ITAC personnel.
- Maintain accuracy and documentation of user records, invoices, receipts, and incidents in the service management ticketing system. Ensure tickets are logged, tracked, and updated appropriately. Monitor personal service levels and metrics, and work toward continuous improvement.
- Remain current in evolving technologies, as well as currently used technologies and methodologies. Research new and emerging technologies that could potentially affect the Texas State University computing environment (i.e. new devices, services, operating systems, software, etc.). Evaluate the impact of these technologies and report findings.
Additional Information to Applicants
- This position (SPS) is a non-permanent, benefits eligible position for one year and is subject to renewal.
- Cover letter and resume are required.
- IT Assistance Center will not sponsor or transfer visa sponsorship.
- Work hours beyond 8-5 business hours may be required during peak times.
Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.