Research Assistant, School of Education
The Research Assistant for will provide qualitative and quantitative data management and assistance on several research and field projects to support the Center on School, Family and Community Partnerships.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates and coordinates data files; coding, entering, cleaning and analyzing data from members of the National Network of Partnership Schools (NNPS)
- Manages large- scale longitudinal data bases
- Communicates on a regular schedule with state and district educators, teachers, principals, who are members of the NNPS to obtain or provide information
- Coordinates communications for NNPS including email, phone calls, social media
- Records and monitors NNPS membership and renewal fees and records, conference registrations, and orders of NNPS products. Notifies business office to deposit these payments in NNPS account
- Produces certificates
- Coordinates and conducts mailings of information and publications
- Runs standard statistics using SPSS or other statistical packages
- Assists with workshops for educators and parents
- Runs routine and ad-hoc reports from research database
- Drafts some descriptive reports on data
- May supervise work-study student
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline, such as Education, Psychology, Sociology
- Some relevant experience
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
- Previous experience in social or educational research or school, family and community partnerships
- Experience with Access, lnDesign, and HTML is a plus
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with SPSS experience, attention to detail, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Computer or other special needs for the position: Microsoft Office Suite, Word Press
Starting Salary Range: $16.10 to $22.12 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday throug Friday
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 60003327-CSOS Programs
Personnel area: School of Education
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information