WAMU 88.5 is seeking a part-time Digital Producer to join its newsroom and play an important role in multi-platform coverage. If you’re an experienced multi-platform content creator, we’d love to hear from you.
WAMU 88.5 is the leading public radio station for news and information in the greater Washington, D.C. area. It’s our mission to connect Washingtonians with each other and the world through balanced, enlightening, inspiring and entertaining programs of the highest quality. Our newsroom is built on the core principles of editorial independence, journalism based on facts, diverse voices, transparency, and the courage to embrace controversy.
As part-time Digital Producer, you’ll work closely with the Managing Editor, Digital and regional newsroom team to write and manage content for web and mobile.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for day-to-day management and workflow of written content on the website and mobile.
- Ensure all written content is engaging, accurate, grammatically sound, optimized for search and social, and consistent with WAMU’s editorial style and approach.
- Assist in production of larger digital projects and/or social media-related tasks as needed.
- Write, review, edit and distribute original content for the website and social media platforms.
- Serve as a “standards keeper” to the CMS, managing the editorial workflow, and ensuring that all reporters and producers are clear on how to optimize their content for online.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
You’re experience and attributes:
- 3+ years of experience producing online content, preferably for daily news.
- Exceptional writing skills and editorial judgment.
- Experience using analytics tools and incorporating analytics into decision-making.
- Superb communications skills and highly organized.
- Proven ability to support coworkers and collaborate in a team environment.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.